Software Developing, Machine Learning, Big Data Solutions, Image Processing, Computer Vision,
Database Management, Signal Processing, Statistical Analysis and Teaching.
• PhD, Computer Science, Concordia University, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
• Professional College certificate (AEC), Programming & Database, Vanier College, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
• 5+ years’ experience in working on Computer Programming and Databases.
• 5+ years’ experience in Big Data Analysis, Medical Image Processing, Medical Imaging, Machine learning, Data Mining, Pattern recognition, Data Structures and Performance Optimization.
• 5+ years’ experience in teaching, “both as an instructor and as a student mentor”.
• 1+ years’ experience in working on Big Data analysis and Statistical parametric vs. non-parametric methodologies.
• Programming background in Python, Java, C++, and MATLAB in Windows / Linux.
• Experience in SQL\ NoSQL Data Management (Oracle, Cassandra, MangoDB)
• Hands-on experience in statistical analysis, visualization and data mining (R, MATLAB).
• Communication skills in English (Full professional proficiency), French (Professional working proficiency) and Farsi.
• Member of Non-resident Iranian Elites Foundation.
• Image and Data Processing Scientist, Research and Clinical Center, Royan Institute, Iran.
• Data Scientist and Vocational Training Instructor, BI Dept., Mellat Bank, Iran.
• Dual nationality and citizenship (Canadian- Iranian).
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
PhD of Engineering, Computer Science (Machine Learning) Sept 2009 - Aug2015
Concordia University, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
AEC, Programming & Database (Java, Oracle, Linux) Sept 2015 - Dec 2015
Vanier Collège, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
Certificate, French Language Proficiency (Advanced) Oct 2009 - Feb 2010
Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
Master of Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering Sept 2005- Apr 2008
Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran.
Bachelor of Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering Sept 1998 – Jun 2003
Shahed University, Tehran, Iran.
M. Habibzadeh, N. Sodeifi, H. Baharvand. Evaluation and Treatment of Infertility Using Machine Learning and Image Processing Approaches. In preparation to: A biomedical Elsevier Journal (In progress).
M. Habibzadeh, A. Krzyżak, and T. Fevens. Feature Selection using RS-HDMR and Branch & Bound Algorithms for White Blood Cell Classification in Low Resolution Images. In preparation to: A biomedical Elsevier Journal (In progress).
Publications to Date:
M. Habibzadeh, A. Krzyżak, and T. Fevens. Comparative Study of Feature Selection for White Blood Cell Differential Counts in Low Resolution Images. ANNPR, Conference of Artificial Neural Networks in Pattern Recognition, volume 8774 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Neural Networks in Pattern Recognition, pages 216 227.Springer, 2014.
M. Habibzadeh, A. Krzyżak, and T. Fevens. White blood cell differential counts using convolutional neural networks for low resolution images. ICAISC, 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, volume 7895 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 263 274. Springer, 2013.
M. Habibzadeh, A. Krzyżak, and T. Fevens. Comparative Study of Shape, Intensity and Texture features and Support Vector Machine for White Blood Cell Classification. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Computer Science.7(1):20 35, 2013.
M. Habibzadeh, A. Krzyżak, and T. Fevens. Analysis of white blood cell differential counts using dual-tree complex wavelet transform and support vector machine classifier. International Conference on Computer Vision and Graphics, volume 7594 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 414 422. Springer, 2012.
A. Krzyżak, T. Fevens, M. Habibzadeh, and L. Jelen. Application of pattern recognition techniques for the analysis of histopathological images. Computer Recognition Systems 4, volume 95 of Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, pages 623 644. Springer, 2011.
M. Habibzadeh, A. Krzyżak, and T. Fevens. Application of pattern recognition techniques for the analysis of thin blood smear images. Journal of Medical Informatics & Technologies., 18(1):29 40, 2011.
M. Habibzadeh, A. Krzyżak, T. Fevens, and A. Sadr. Counting of RBCs and WBCs in noisy normal blood smear microscopic images. SPIE Medical Imaging, volume 7963, page 79633I, Feb. 2011.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Visiting Lecturer, Instructor, Invited Talk, and Data Scientist (R&D) at Applied Science, Electrical & Computer Depts., Various Science and Engineering Schools, Universities, E-Commerce centers, and Research Institutes - Iran. (Feb 2016 –Date).
• Collaboration with Sharif University, Tehran University, AUT university, Training Center of the National Iranian Oil Company, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University, Alzahra University, Shahrood University of Technology, Islamic Azad University, Industrial Management Institute, Royan Stem Cells and Biomedical Research Institute, Mellat Bank, Eyvanakey University, Ghiaseddin Kashani Educational Institute, Sematec vocational training center.
• Teaching various applied mathematics, and informatics courses (e.g. Big Data Analysis, Applied Machine Learning, Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Script Python Language Programming, Business Intelligence, Intro. to Web Applications, SQL and NoSQL Database Management).
• Co-supervising and monitoring graduate (M. Sc) students’ projects.
• Organize and teaching extracurricular activities such as vocational training activities, intensive workshops (e.g. Oracle Database System, Hadoop and Apache Spark, Python programming, Advanced Java programming, NoSQL, LaTex text Editor, R computing software) and journal clubs.
• Academic talks: Bigdata and Frameworks; New perspective to applied machine learning, Advanced topics in Machine learning (e.g. Deep learning and its implementation), Image processing and challenges in low quality samples, Automated extraction and parameterization of Big Data (e.g. HDMR approach and its implementation).
Software and Database Developer at Educational and Business projects, (Contract Job).
• Design and implementing software systems.
• Experienced on programming & software engineering skills using various programming languages including Python, Java, SQL, CQL, JASON, and HTML.
• Experience in Database including MongoDB, Cassandra, and Oracle.
• Experience with Visual Studio Environments, NetBeans, SQL Plus, Sublime Text 3, Pycharm, Mongo Booster, DataStax DevCenter, ...
Research, Teacher Assistant, Computer Vision Software Designer at Computer Science & Software Engineering Dept. Concordia University -Montréal, Québec, (Sept.2009 –Aug. 2015).
• Research on theoretical and implementation aspects concerning Medical Imaging, Computer-Aided Diagnosis, Image Processing, Machine Learning & Pattern Recognition including supervised, semi-supervised, and unsupervised learning methodologies, Probabilistic Models, Global Sensitivity Analysis and Deep Learning Algorithms.
• PhD Thesis: Computerized Classification of Particles in Thin Blood Smear Slides using Image Processing and Machine Learning Techniques.
• Knowledge in Complete Blood Count (CBC) and hematology science. Experience with very limited, low quality and missing data.
• Experience with large scale features (Extraction and Selection).
• Experience with Deep learning (e.g. Convolutional Neural Networks) Experience in statistical computing software (R, Matlab).
• Programming in C++ and Python in windows/ Linux.
• Experience in OpenCV, scikit-learn, pylearn2, Keras, Caffe machine
learning, matplotlib, NumPy & SciPy mathematical python libraries and Weka as a collection of machine learning algorithms.
• Experience in big data platforms (MapReduce, Hadoop and Spark).
• Instruct, tutor, assist and monitor students in different mathematical and computer science courses (e.g. Probability & Statistics for Comp. Sc, Math for Computer Science, Pattern
Recognition, Machine Learning, Intro. to Web Applications), and intensive training workshops (i.e, LaTeX instructor).
• Reviewer of articles for scientific journals (IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, BMC Medical Imaging, AI and Data Mining).
• Seven Publications in Microscopy Image Processing (up to Sept. 2015)
Lecturer and Teacher at Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept. Applied Science and Technology University -Tehran, Iran. (Sept.2007 –June. 2009).
• Teaching various mathematics, informatics, and telecommunication courses
• Supervising and monitoring undergraduate student projects.
• Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods.
• Participate and organize extracurricular activities such as vocational training activities, intensive workshops, social student activities, and journal clubs.
Telecommunication Research & Development team at Communications Regulatory Authority (CRA) - Tehran, Iran, (May. 2006 - Jul. 2009).
• Conduct data collection using various methods with strong attention to statistical details.
• Research on cutting-edge techniques and equipment.
• Prepare and analysis demographic and statistical data and information
• Prepare and/or proofread telecommunication proposal packets.
• Determine the needs of different user’s level of technical documentation.
• Monitor of project or contract regulations concerning programmatically and financially.
• Experience working with SPSS, MS Project, Linux, SQL server and R tools.
TECHNICAL COMPUTER SKILLS
Operating Systems: Linux, Microsoft Windows.
Application Software: Office Package, LaTeX, and Photoshop.
Programming Languages: C++, Python, Java, HTML 5.
Database Package: Oracle, Cassandra, MangoDB.
Bigdata Framework: Hadoop, Apache Spark.
Engineering Software: MATLAB, R, WEKA, and Orange.
Version control: GitHub.